Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Post-processing

Do you use Lightroom or Aperture to load and organize your photos? I've been using iphoto, but was able to get a copy of photoshop and am worried that iphoto does something to the color profile. Also... do you do much with "actions" in photoshop. I really am new at the editing process and am not really even sure what that is, but am curious about how much editing you often do with your photos.

Yes. I use Aperture. It's great for organizing...but I don't honestly use it for much else. I have a good friend, Noemi Photography, who uses Lightroom for most of her post-processing! It must just depend on your preference and experience with your programs.

I LOVE actions, but they can be somewhat debilitating. When you don't NEED to learn how to do it yourself, you can fake it pretty well, it doesn't make for great photography. Does that make sense? I started using PS and just used actions. Then, I took a class at MN Center for Photography (no longer exists) and learned SO MUCH! Being educated about PS makes a huge difference, even though I still use the actions (for time sake).

No comments:

Post a Comment