Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the best camera to buy?

I would love to sometime down the line do some photography - can you give me some insight into the best camera to buy?


I always ALWAYS recommend Canon. :) Go for the Digital Rebel. It's great!

From what I have experienced (no offense to anyone who likes other equipment), Canon is best for action and photojournalism. The lenses are really high quality and they focus fast...even in low light.

My two favorite lenses are:
70-200 f/2.8 with IS
24-70 f/2.8

These are super basic and all you NEED. Other lenses are great fun...but, if you could only pick two, these are the ones to get.

My first year, I bought a Tamron. It was GARBAGE! I did not like it. It focused on the wrong places and got me into some trouble. Also, during ceremonies, it was hard to focus in darker places. This is not a problem you want to have.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! We started out with a Rebel and now have 3 different Canons. We always recommend the Rebel to those who are interested in photography.

    ReplyDelete